Feb 22, 2012

Candy Legs & Candy Donuts.



Here are some "donuts" I made the other day. I've been doing a lot of baking this winter. My favorite thing in the world is being outside in the sun but since it's winter I have resorted to baking and other fun projects to keep my mind off of the sun (my life's obsession). Don't worry, we have some trips planned as well. I will get some warm sun soon. Until then, baking is FUN. In my opinion, it's more fun creating the treat than eating it. And obviously dressing up to inspire your baking day is part of it. Luckily, my husband and my dad really enjoy eating the treats I make...and lots of them.

Having said that, I wouldn't really call this "baking". In fact, these are probably the worst thing you could put in your mouth. But they sure are cute and fun! They are basically fried (canned!) biscuits bathed in butter and slathered in sugar. I dyed the sugar so they could be even more cute. "Making of" photos 1 and 2.





Anyway, here's my outfit. I can't resist orchid + cranberry. And my pink hair is almost gone. Now I'm thinking lavender next.

So, one day it's 65 degrees and the next day it snows. I don't know! I guess that's how it is here...and i like it.










Wearing:
Dress: Chicwish
Tights: We Love Colors
Jacket: Francescas
Shoes: Rachel Comey
Bag: Anthro


So, I replied to some of your comments in the post below. I think it's more reply friendly now so it seems to make more sense to converse under your original comment. Not sure if you get email alerts about that or not so I tried to answer any questions on your own blog. Thanks for sharing about your weekend adventures. I really loved hearing about them.

XO, Coury

Follow Fancy things.

34 comments:

  1. I love your dress! It is so pretty, and goes so well with your tights and boots <3

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the color of those tights are incredible!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I ever seen donuts that look that delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look amazing, loving your baking outfit! your dress is gorgeous with all the intricate detailing & love those tights. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is stunning, love how you styled it

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be the most well dressed person in your neighborhood ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you look! And just got an immense craving for those donuts, they look sooo delicious!

    XO Aline
    browneyedgirlaline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. your dress looked really good on you and those donuts looked really delicious!! :))

    http://shaveilachic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The intricate detail on the skirt portion of your dress is incredible. x

    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful combo of colours coury! lavender and red looks amazing together! Ps I saw a baby boston terrier out for a walk today and nearly crashed my car starring and ooohing at how cute he was! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. those donuts look so beautiful! and I loooove that black dress and all the details on it! how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. always beautiful!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the tights very cute outfit.
    http://fancycuteness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmm those donoughts look yummy and i love ur tights hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color of your tights, perfect match with the olive parka.
    The donuts look so delicious ❤

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg those Doughnut's look soo....mmmmm. I almost drooled on my laptop! Please share the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's one recipe. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/easy-doughnuts-donuts-homemade-recipe.html
      I just dipped in butter and rolled in cinnamon & sugar instead of doing a glaze. :)

      Delete
  18. I love baking so much! Those doughnuts look brilliant, you've made me feel hungry! You're outfit is just gorgeous too, love the colour of your tights against the colour of your shoes, amazing!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. those donuts look so amazing! I love your lavender tights paired with your red booties :)
    xo Jac

    ReplyDelete
  20. pretty lavender legs with the red boots, & LBD. i've made biscuit can donuts before. your look so much better than mine never did. in texas we call the weather schizophrenic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those donuts look so delicious!!!! Too bad they are so terrible for you :)
    Your dress is so adorable! I love it with the lavender tights!

    Ana
    Enter my one of a kind art GIVEAWAY on my blog HERE

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like your blush!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. First of all, YUM. And I love your little red "riding" booties. ;)

    http://www.designers-artists.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love seeing you in black because you hardly ever where it. But I adore this dress, and it's whimsical-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  26. those donuts are so pretty! and they look fabulous with the pink in your hair. it does fade out fast, though, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. the colors in this outfit make me SO happy. so do the doughnuts

    //

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those donuts look soooooooo good ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and sharing a bit of life with me. Follow me on Bloglovin', Twitter, Facebook.