Oct 7, 2014

Weekend treats!

Hey guys! I'm going to try out a new weekly blog about our weekend treats. What I've learned from living in a smaller town is that I'm super spoiled when it comes to food. When I go out, I expect everything to be GOOD and I expect interesting things that I couldn't easily make at home. Well, I've been let down so many times that we pretty much stopped going out at all and I've been cooking and baking way more. I've especially been having fun on the weekends making fun treats that I once sought out at bakeries and restaurants from extensive yelp searches. Yelp works best in big cities..and Yelp does not work in the outskirts of Nashville. The day will come again when I have access to these things, but for now I don't so I'm going to make the best of it and have lots of fun cooking and baking in my beautiful kitchen.

Anyway, first up: Baked Chocolate Frosted Donuts! I ordered a donut pan on Amazon last week and I've been having way too much fun with it. I finally feel like I got a good recipe here so I thought I'd share it. The donut recipe came HERE and the glaze HERE.








On the savory side, who isn't obsessed with cheesy bread? Ok, I know one friend who isn't...but like 99.9% of people are, right? I know it's kinda silly to post this on a blog but there are probably a few people who will be inspired to treat themselves to some good ol' cheesy bread because of it. HA. I used to love the cheese bread at Claim Jumper and I still think about it fondly and often (LOL).

Anyway, soften some butter, mince some fresh garlic, add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and parm cheese. Mix it up and spread it on some really good bread. Luckily, I can get good bread here at Fresh Market. Top it off with some sharp cheddar and send it under the broiler for a few minutes. Garlic heaven and one of my favorite "cheats".






Next weekend I'm thinking of doing some pumpkin donuts because...HELLO.

Find me on instagram and let me know if this kinda post even interests you.

:) Happy Tuesday!


XO Coury



Pin It!Follow Fancy things.