Jun 18, 2013

Goldie's life at 7.5 months

This baby.
More than I ever could have dreamt up.

First of all, almost 8 months later, I still get this thought in my head..."I get to have a baby girl and I got to name her Goldie"...and I get butterflies in my tummy every time.

You are about to read some boring baby details so if you don't have kids, you'll probably just want to skip to the pictures. But if you're anything like me, you'll come back and find these posts when you're pregnant or have a newborn.  :)

I have to say that the last 8 months have been both easier and harder than I thought they would be. The responsibility for this precious young life weighs on me but then in the next instant her joyous gummy smile whisks it all away. Breastfeeding was very hard for the first 3 months. It was excruciatingly painful (my pain tolerance is high) and all consuming. As I'm sure you can tell by all her rolls, she ate A LOT. I'm not exaggerating...she would eat for 4 solid hours at a time. I stuck with it, never even considered using a drop of formula, and I feel very proud that I was able to give her nothing but the absolute best thing for her for 6.5 months. I'm not judging anyone, I'm just proud that I stuck it out and I want to encourage anyone that's having a rough start at it that it truly does get so much easier. It is such a breeze now and we love it. At 6.5 months she started eating some banana and avocado and we have since added a beautiful variety of fruits and veggies to her menu! It's been so fun to see her try foods for the first time. She loves eating with the family. If everyone isn't sitting down eating, she's not interested. Pretty much just like her mama. It's no fun to eat by yourself! I feel like carrots are her favorite so far and I've been giving her Baby Mums Mums so she can feel independent and snack. She totally loves them.

She unfortunately has started crying not only when being held by strangers, but crying when strangers talk to her. Oops! I feel so bad because if a baby cried at me I would just crawl into a ball and cry myself. Her family, on the other hand, makes her so very happy. She ALWAYS has a sweet smile for all of us and her little coos and squeals show how excited she is so see us.

She's been crawling for a few weeks now and is starting to cruise. I think she'll be an early walker like me (I was 9 months) because she's already trying to stand on her own.

I cut out a little snippet of her hair for her baby book and it's the same exact color as the snippet my mom has of my hair in my baby book.

Sleep. Oh, sleep. From about 6 weeks-4 months she pretty much slept 12am-8am every night. At 4 months everything kinda went out the window and she was up 10 times one night. Since then it's been up and down depending on her developmental leaps and she goes to bed around 7 every night and wakes up at about 6. She usually wakes up about 4-7 times a night. It probably sounds horrible but we're co-sleeping so it's actually pretty easy. If she was in her own room and woke up that many times I don't even know how I would make it through. Since she's right by me anyway, I barely even have to wake up and Gabe never has to wake up. It's great, but I won't complain when she sleeps through the night again. It's challenging getting her to bed at 7 every night but I'm willing to sacrifice anything to keep her happy and she definitely likes to stick to her early bedtime (Plus Gabe and I get our own time at night).

As far as naps go she's doing 2-3 a day at about 45 minutes to an hour each...usually around 9am and 1:00-2 pm. She does nurse to sleep 99% of the time. Everyone says not to get them into this habit but my mom nursed us to sleep...and it is only a short season...I can sacrifice a couple of years of my life to help her to sleep 4 times a day. Big deal! That's why I became a mom...to care for my baby. The major lesson I've learned from caring for a newborn is that every season is so short. Challenging times pass by so quickly. The most important thing is soaking up every single moment.

Anyway, I wanted to post this because I want to post what I would enjoy reading...and I love reading about the daily habits of babies. Call me boring. Call me crazy. Call me maybe. JK.

Love you Goldiekins!


(Sandals are from Zara and romper is from Baby Gap)

Goldie's first sandals! Ha ha. She kind of hates them...but they're so cute. ♥

Anyway, she's just the best. My precious angel.

XO, Coury

31 comments:

  1. Your little Goldie is absolutely gorgeous! Just like her Mama. I love reading your updates about your precious girl... I have a little boy who is 8 months old (and two girls 6yrs and 5 yrs), I also love reading about what babies are doing at certain ages. You are right, the seasons are short and like you, I too look forward to when my babe will sleep through the night again (he wakes constantly, ALL night long). You are doing such a great job, what a beautiful family you have! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  2. This is the best post ever, granted any posts with goldie is great haha! I'm bout 21 weeks along now and I enjoy reading your experiences with goldie...so I hope you make more posts like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading all these details....i feel like when i became a mum, i lived for these details, despite how others might find them boring. i love how you've recalled them all with such care and love. you'll always remember them. don't worry, i nursed all three of my babes to sleep. and, at 10, 7 and 4 they are all just fine. it was much easier to manage as a working mum...and, they co-slept, too. in fact, my littlest will still find her way into our bed at night. we don't mind because, as you say, this is all over to quickly and i want it to last.
    thanks for sharing. your little goldie is such a darling.
    xo
    n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you are so reassuring! I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  4. thank you for sharing this! i am just weeks away from my due date with my first and im finding that i spend most of my time wondering how i will survive the huge change that is to come and how my baby will be and what i can do etc. i absolutely love reading other mom stories and things that have worked for them and how their baby goes thru the days. goldie is too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this post! I'm so nervous for that early baby time...the breast feeding, lack of sleep, god forbid getting pissed at each other cuz were so tired. Just nice to read about how other folks do it. Little Goldie looks like a sweet little gem. And is that a hint of red in her hairs?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Coury, little Goldie is just adorable! I really love reading all your posts about her. I'm a new mum myself too, my boy is 3.5 months now and I'm learning a lot from your experiences! I'm with you on breastfeeding, tough initially, but so fulfilling. I love to be able to cuddle my boy and nurse him and see him grow day by day.

    Fang Ting
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Goldie updates! My daughter is turning 3 months in about a week, so I'm always interested in reading anything about how other's older babies are doing! :) Kudos to you for sticking with breastfeeding as well; I've been going through some ups and downs with that lately, but I'm determined to stick it out! :)

    Being a mom is such a blessing! Hard at times, exhausting, but wonderful too. It's such a precious thing to be able to watch someone grow and discover things that we've become so accustomed to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I.love.you Goldie!!! And momma Coury obvi! Thank you for sharing! My baby girl is one day younger than yours, also exclusively breastfed, and waking up multiple times per night. It is extremely warming to hear that I am not alone, and it is more common than not! Most of my pals do not bfeed so I'm often feeling confused about what's normal, but all of this is our doll baby as well! Loves loves loves! Even the stranger anxiety, incredible. Too bad you are not on the east coast for a play date! Keep it up girl, you are complete magic* xox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO amazing! SO wish we could play date!

      Delete
  9. It always makes me a little sad when mamas feel the need to defend their choices to others (such as co-sleeping, etc). I'm just glad that you're doing what's best for you & your little family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't feel the need to defend my choices but I know what you mean.

      Delete
  10. She is soo adorable. I love the picture where she's sticking out her tongue :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay! i love this sooo much! because honestly, i could have written nearly the exact same thing, and i don't feel like i know anyone really that is doing things anywhere near the way i'm doing them with my baby, but i love how i'm doing things and i'm really passionate about it all. my little lady is 10 months old. i still get so excited about her name, i'm in love with it and i always will be! she still nurses all she wants, but loooves her mum-mums, too. she's never had formula, and to be honest, well, she's never even had a bottle. she is sensitive to strangers, which seems to be peaking these days! mommy is totally her fav, i have no complaints there ;) and we co-sleep, too, so the night wake-ups sound bad, but don't actually bother me much! i actually really love and cherish our night cuddles, and i'll be sad one day when they're over! i always nurse her to sleep, unless it's in the car or something, and i have said the exact. same. thing. nursing and comforting my baby as much as she needs will add up to SUCH a tiny amount of time over the course of her whole life! i want to lay the best foundation for her to be a secure and happy little lady forever :) also, i just really love all this mom business! and we live in nashville, so hey, mom twins :)

    goldie is so beautiful, and i love that you shared her little details!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never cared to read a thing about babies, baby development, etc...until I had a baby of my own. Now, I'm fascinated in other babies, and I love hearing how they are growing, what they are doing at certain ages, what new skills they are learning and when. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, all of a sudden it becomes so interesting.

      Delete
  13. I really and truly enjoyed reading this post about your darling little one and motherhood. I'm a long way off from motherhood yet but just recently it's all I can think about and I can't wait to become a mother when the time is right for me. You are obviously an incredible mother and I'm sure the journey will continue to be wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is Lol...? Every thing you want in Lol and Troll, Now you Get all in one Network, ThatIsLol.. Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Any thing you want in Entertainment for Fun... Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Je suis juste calme hypnotisé de votre élément avec ce matériau de contenu de site étonnant. Ceci est en quelque sorte va être utile. Appréciez au sujet de donner à vos propres pensées personnelles. Maintenant, je recommande mon blog:
    http://www.copiemontrespascher.com
    http://www.copiemontrespascher.com/replique-breitling-c-136

    ReplyDelete
  17. J'appréciant définitivement chaque peu de lui et je dois vous bookmarked pour vérifier de nouvelles choses que vous postez. Venez voir mon site:
    http://www.frmontrepascher.eu
    http://www.frmontrepascher.eu/replique-hublot-c-109/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and sharing a bit of life with me. Follow me on Bloglovin', Twitter, Facebook.