Mar 17, 2014

16.5 months with Goldie Frances.

I feel like so much has changed since I last posted and it was only about a month and a half ago. She even looks totally different. My sister keep saying she looks different every time she sees her (mostly every day).

As we all know, I have way too much fun dressing her everyday. Ok, sue me if I get joy out of seeing a little angel dressed up all cute-like. I always said I would dress my baby like I would dress, and I do...I guess I just never thought that I would dress like a baby myself. Ha ha.



We are making some serious weaning progress...we are down to three times a day (from about 6-8 only a couple of months ago). Wake-up, naptime, and bedtime. I am very happy with this arrangement and she's actually been falling asleep without nursing a lot more often. Here's some hope to all of you out there who are using the "Wait it Out" method of sleep training...which I guess isn't really training at all. It's just believing that eventually they will sleep on their own and we just need to be there for them for everything until they can. The thing that Cry it Out tries to scare Mom's and Dad's with is that "if you don't let them cry, they will NEVER learn to go to sleep on their own"...HOGWASH...they will...we must have patience. Anyway, she's still up twice a night and I just lay down next to her and she falls back asleep. I'm (hoping) this ends soon because I haven't had a full night of sleep in well over a year. I'm not complaining, but it will be insanely lovely when I finally get a full night's rest. (EDIT: Last night she didn't get up ONCE! I did, but it will take time to not worry about her when she DOESN'T wake up. Progress. *tears*)

Goldie is back to eating EVERYTHING in sight. Seriously, one day she ate a whole banana and 3/4 of an avocado just as a snack!! I will admit that this is getting expensive but it's worth it to have her eating fresh foods 90% of the time. I will admit that I have been buying frozen pancakes and waffles for an easy breakfast with some fruit but just like everything in life, moderation is the key. As long as she eats fresh, healthy food most of the time, she's going to be just fine.



I feel like she's on the verge of busting out with her speech. She's very timid when it comes to saying words. I feel like she wants to make sure it's perfect before she says it (which reminds me exactly of myself) but she has slipped out a couple of non-cliche baby words such as "Banana" and today "Stinky". She communicates beautifully through non-verbal methods so I'm not worried at all. She will speak for the rest of her life. She has lots of time.

She's so sturdy with her walking/running now that I barely even worry about her. It was rough for awhile there and I was feeling the stress of protecting her from falling into things all day long. I'm so glad I can breath a bit now!



My mom has taught her Eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses and she makes eating sounds when she feeds her babies or Birdie fake food. Melts my heart right into a puddle. She loves her babies and carries them around everywhere. She has started pretend cooking in her kitchen, stirring her wooden spoons in her cute little pink pans. She is OBSESSED with the playground in our neighborhood and loves the slide most...it's a toss-up between the slide and any other kids that are there. She loves kids. I have to get her out to see more other kiddos!

I've said it before and I'll say it a million times more...I am the luckiest girl in the world to have Goldie Frances as my baby girl. ♥

Have a great week everybody!
XO, Coury

For questions and comments connect with me on Instagram! ♥


Pin It!Follow Fancy things.