Jan 4, 2016

Baby, baby coming our way.

Hey guys! I know most of you have seen on Instagram that we are expecting another little cinnamon bun in early July. I think Goldie might finally be starting to get it. Daniel Tiger is helping. The only thing is that she will not accept the fact that she might get a brother and not a sister. Yikes. Ha. We will be finding out through the blood test pretty soon! I am so anxious to know...probably more anxious than last time because I'm excited to get Goldie ready for it, either way!  She doesn't want a brother because "He'll like boy things". Haha. I know she'll love it either way and I really do have a feeling it's boy. I don't really know how to be a mom to a boy, but by golly, I will learn...haha. :)

I had a completely miserable two months in there from about 5 weeks to 12 weeks. I'm now 14 weeks and it's insane but I have actually forgotten how horrible it was. I guess that's why we women end up having more than one baby. It was just as awful when I was pregnant with Goldie but I didn't have a three year old to tend to all day so it's been slightly (a lot) worse this time. I have still been getting nauseous but I'm definitely on the up! We went out to Target at night the other day and I realized that it had been months since I'd been out at night with Gabe and Goldie. Gabe has been the absolute best, taking Goldie to toy stores after work and out to pizza a lot of nights. He doesn't even realize what this meant to me when I was exhausted and the nausea was just NON STOP. It meant everything to me to get that time to myself and sleep or rest or clean. It was also so nice to visit my family before Christmas because I got to spend a lot of time sleeping on my sisters bed while my family played with Goldie. SO thankful for those restful times!

Also, I need to say a huge thanks to anyone who reads this or my instagram because YOU helped me survive this first trimester. I was able to work a lot with brands on posts and help support my family during a time that there's no way I could have gone into a normal job and worked. I just wouldn't have been up for it. You helped keep us afloat and I owe you so much for that.

Anyway, Goldie is asleep and Gabe is at the gym and I am writing to you and listening to "The Bangles" greatest hits. I made brownies and I was going to get on the elliptical but, um, we'll see. I do think it's super important to exercise during pregnancy but there's no way I'm going to be doing 45 mins every day like I did pre-preg. The good thing, I guess, is that I am not your "normal" pregnant woman who is craving tons of bad food and overeating all the time. I actually find I have a way smaller appetite when pregnant. Go figure.  When I'm nursing, on the other hand, that's when I could eat 5 times as much as normal. Well, I'm sure you're fascinated by this (but actually I am intrigued by this stuff when I read about other people so who knows).

I'm super excited to dress around my growing bump. I had so much fun last time. I don't have much of a bump yet at all. So far the thing about showing earlier the second time does not apply to me. Actually, almost everything has been EXACTLY the same as last time. This is so comforting to me because I like knowing what to expect and planning. It's the Virgo in me. :)

What else? I'm thankful that I don't have any crazy hormones taking over. I feel pretty normal pregnant. Reading the message boards for July 2016 birth club, I have realized there is a lot of craziness going on. I'm fortunate to feel like myself mentally.

So, this was probably an overshare but, you know, it is my blog after all. :) I'm super excited to share this pregnancy with you like I did last time. I really feel like we're all connected through Goldie and it makes me so happy that there will be another little person to bring us together. *tears*

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I'm really excited.













Goldie's dress and socks are Louise Misha and her shoes are Zuzii.
My Shoes are Ouigal. My oveys are Kling and Sweater is Wildfox.


XO, Coury
Pin It!Follow Fancy things.