Jan 10, 2017

You outshine the morning sun.

What a fabulous sunny day in one of my favorite cities, Palm Springs. When we lived in Tennessee I only dreamed of being in Palm Springs in 70 degree weather in January. We were so totally broke during that time that there was no chance of making a trip. Present day is definitely one of the hardest times I've experienced in my life but I just honestly can't complain because I have so much to be thankful for and what I have far outweighs what I don't have. If this is the hardest time of my life, I've had a pretttty good life.

Darcy is the sweetest angel in all the land but this is an incredibly trying age for me with my babies. Goldie was exactly the same. They are HORRIFIC sleepers, and they want to walk on their own so bad but not even close to ready so it makes for a lot of frustration through the day. I feel stupid for even complaining about it because the only thing that really matters is that we are all healthy and we can pay our bills, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a physically exhausting time in my life. Gabe is gone all week until June and we only see him on Saturday and a bit of Sunday morning. We miss him a ton but somehow it's bringing us all closer in the end and I'm thankful for that. He is sacrificing a lot to make a better life for all of us and I am in awe of him. Someday the kids will know how lucky they are too. He is truly the best and sometimes I still can't believe, even after 13 years together, that I found my perfect soulmate.  We were so young but we've grown together to want the same things out of life and we have the same ideals and beliefs on how to raise our kids. We are very lucky.

Darcy is almost 7 months old and he crawls in his own way. He can get across the room real fast if he spots anything dangerous he shouldn't be playing with.  He's starting to cruise and he loves being independent but he also loves a good snuggle. He loves his family but especially his sister. The joy that fills me when she makes him laugh cannot be described. He doesn't really like any of the hundred toys my family has bought him and would prefer to only chew on my phone, rip up and eat paper, and shove markers down his throat. So, he's pretty typical. :) He goes to sleep around 5 or 6 and is up around 5 or 6. During the 12 hour stretch he is up anywhere from 10-20 times a night. Sadly, I'm not exaggerating. Plus, it's kinda my fault because I don't let him cry and go back to sleep on his own so he can learn....but I just can't do it. None of the no cry methods ever worked on Goldie and I just had to wait it out. I'm planning on doing the same thing with him and I know time flies so very fast...he'll be sleeping (and, in turn, will I) in no time. Other that that struggle, he really is so happy and sweet and I am 1000% in love with him. Ok, I wrote this last night before I felt his FIRST TOOTH had come through. I gave him motrin at bedtime and he slept way better.  Poor thing was bothered by his tooth. #1 reason having babies is hard: they can't tell you what's wrong! Poor babe. Only 19 more teeth to go. Ha.

Goldie is just busy being her cute self and is amazing me everyday with her little smarty pants self. She draws letters and numbers I didn't even know she knew how to do out of the blue and comes up with the funniest things to say. It must be pretty fun inside her little brain. I know it's going a mile a minute because sometimes she gets so excited she can't spit her words out fast enough and gets frustrated with herself. She's definitely revealed herself as a perfectionist and is her own worst critic. I will keep building her up til the day I leave the earth and do my very best not to put myself down so she can have a healthy example of self love. She is very into clothes right now and loves changing outfits 10 times a day and is also enjoying making outfit flatlays which just kills me it's so cute. She adores her little brother and I so thankful for her sweet spirit and her desire to include him in everything and not make him feel left out. I know they are going to have such a sweet relationship.

Anyway, here are some photos of our day in Palm Springs. Time with the four of us feels like gold grains of sand right slipping through my hands now. I treasure it even though one day feels like 5 minutes.
























XO, Coury